4.20.2009

monochromatic addiction

i found this picture among my files and i LOVE it. unfortunately, i had forgotten to save any information about it.
so sorry. :(


Confession time: I've had a long-standing addiction, by long-standing I mean six months, to black and white. Knowing me and my love of color this admission would seem odd.
I have several theories as to why the love of monochromatic......
a. a grad school class a year ago, required that I must work solely in black and white (much to my dismay and frustration)
b. the set i designed and painted (see below) for the theatre at which I now work, thrived in black, white and gold.set for Clue: the Musical, fall 2008

Since then I find great excitement in graphic patterns.
Rauschenberg- my favorite artistKline- the ultimate black and white artisteven my art is being bleached of the rainbow as of late
close up of "White Words"

No comments: