3.29.2009

artistic heartbeat


detail of "Onslaught"
click for closer view

Many thanks to the kind comments of Lenorenevermore and dapper kid concerning my last post! Although there seems to be quite the controversy among the public whether Dove's efforts are genuine or not, seeing as they are a beauty company, I highly respect their campaign.
And I'd say dapper kid unknowingly described my artistic mantra best with his comment,
"It is a shame that we seem to have this one ideal
of beauty pushed upon us by the media,

and when looking around that beauty is not common,
nor does one see it in most couples.

After all finding something beautiful is unique to us all,
and we all see beauty in the most remarkably different things.
That is the best part of life"

I could dedicate this entire blog to body image and the role it plays within the history of women. Much of my artwork is focused on visually portraying what is means to be a women today. I was impressed to work on such an overwhelming topic after countless talks with friends and students, all sharing their hearts....and of course, my own struggles.
Since it is my "artistic heartbeat", I'm positive this topic will creep up again.
Helping others see the beauty in life, especially in others is my passion.

No comments: