5.04.2009

In my own little corner

All morning I have been researching Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. In truth, I have been researching it for about two months but this is the week I start on the set. The theatre at which I work (did I ever mention that?) is putting on this delightful production at the end of June. We just closed Fiddler on the Roof and now full speed ahead to create a magical set. Thus, I've been walking down memory lane with the many version of this musical.

Who doesn't love Julie Andrews? Really.

1957
A technician (fore) listening for cue to start sequence featuring dancers on stairway (rear) during live broadcast of Rodgers and Hammerstein musical "Cinderella."

This is the version I grew up with. Wow, that makes me sound old doesn't it? Considering it was produced in 1965. But it was my mother's favorite movie growing up, so as a child I always watching it with her. Had every word, song, movement, etc memorized.


Just found out that Lea Salonga was in the traveling company. I wish so terribly I had been able to see that. She's phenominal. Had the privelege of seeing her once on Broadway in Les Mis.

The rest of these are production photos that I've been saving for inspiration. Lastly is Disney's Small World. I've had this nagging idea to do the set with this stylized look, like the ride. It's beautiful, fun........and it just seems to fit. We'll see. :)

No comments: